Friday, November 11, 2011

Color Craze!

Hi viewers! As you can see I have gone a little color crazy this past week. I was trolling around Joann Fabrics armed with a 40% off coupon AND a 20% entire purchase coupon when I found a GIANT package of embroidery thread. I couldn't help myself! I had to get it!! When I got home, I looked up how to make those cool knots around chain to make it look crocheted. After a few practice runs, I perfected the knot and got to work!

Silver chunk chain $12
 I get so excited when I work with a lot of color combinations because they are so fun to pick out!!


Bronze chunk chain $12

Gold chunk chain...This one is mine and you cant have it :P

Mini silver chain $5

Gold chunk and silver mini chain $7















I made three necklaces, one for myself in gold, one silver and one bronze.


















The mini bracelet was the prototype but it came out so adorable!













I made a combo bracelet with some of the scraps left over from the necklaces. I added elastic to the back instead of a clasp for easy wearability☼

3 comments:

  1. Love them when will you be making more of the gold so more of us can order that one or are we able to get them in a combo of gold and silver?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for flat gold chain like the one I made for myself. I actually found the gold at my grandmas house so I only had about 20 inches of it but I'm sure I can find chain like that in the near future and the gold necklaces will be up for sale in no time!

    Thanks for the feedback,
    ☼Ali Brin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours! And I really like the way those chains mix well with the embroidery thread...

    ReplyDelete